To our Members:
This Board is dedicated to serving the best interests of the American Boer Goat Association, the Boer goat industry and you, our members. We are trying to change a tradition of poor communication and ask your patience as we make changes. While we want to include member input, please remember that contacting your director is your first step toward having your voice heard, and that there will be times we make decisions in the best interest of our association without consulting you. Please know, however that our intent is to keep you informed and seek your input where appropriate.
We have already taken steps to address your concerns about slow turnaround time on paper work in the ABGA office. Paperwork is being handled efficiently now, in spide of an aniquated database system that throws up road blocks at every turn. Our staff is being reorganized and we hired additional personnel in order to insure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner. We are also making changes to assist them to do their jobs without undue stress and effort.
For the first time in many years, your Board constructed a survey that allowed for member input. We utilized much of your input when we formulated the changes to the Rule 1400.
We have received several emails regarding the website, and our IT committee will be revising them as we continue to address deficincies in our website, office procedures, communication, and registration system.
We would like to let you know about steps we have already taken in our move to improve the American Boer Goat Association.
1. We are in the process of purchasing land on which to build a new ABGA office.
2. We have contracted with the necessary personnel to design and construct a new
3. We formed an IT Committee that has researched other associations and how they
4. We are in the process of planning for a newly designed website that will be fully
5. In the interim, we have designated someone to work with the current website and
6. We are taking steps to insure that members without internet access receive
7. Beginning immediately, the Agenda for Board meetings will be published on the ABGA
8. The minutes of meetings will continue to be published after they are approved.
9. I am taking steps to insure that board meetings are run in a civil manner. While
10.We have added new people to the judges committee and their agenda is to bring
When there are concrete updates to our actions, I will be sure to inform you, our members. Please allow us to do the work we have set out do to, and give us the benefit of the doubt, until we can prove to you that we intend to fulfill our obigations as your directors.
Brad D Mackey, President
American Boer Goat Association
January/February - Book ads no later than December 1st :: All Content must be submitted by December 5th :: Camera Ready Ads are due December 10th
March/April - Book ads no later than February 1st :: All Content must be submitted by February 5th :: Camera Ready Ads are due December 10th